A Call for Church Planters for Southern Connecticut!
At Mission Anabaino, we believe that during His ascension ministry today, Christ has an address at every place where there is an apostolic, Christ-centered church. Anchored by Christ Presbyterian Church in New Haven, CT and its growing number of affiliate churches and partners, MA is gathering, energizing, deploying, and focusing our resources into a collaborative effort to plant churches where Christ’s saving presence is not readily accessible.
THE NEED AND THE OPPORTUNITY
- New Haven, Connecticut is the fifth-most “post-Christian” metro area in the country (Barna, 2015). Culturally, the region has essentially discarded Christianity, yet possesses a genuine curiosity.
- Southern Connecticut is the entry point and foyer of New England, the region with the lowest percentage of church attendance and participation in gospel-believing churches in the country.
- At the same time, no metro area more closely resembles the “real America” than New Haven. “Based on age, educational attainment, and race and ethnicity…the metropolitan area that looks most like the U.S. is New Haven, Connecticut” (FiveThirtyEight, 2016). To reach Southern CT is to reach “the real America.”
THE MISSION ANABAINO NETWORK AND COLLABORATIVE
- MA is an encouraging church planting network, currently consisting of 18 churches (6 in Connecticut and 12 others around the country and world), and a growing number of other participating churches.
- MA is also an invigorating theological collaborative, with monthly Local Collaboratives, bi-monthly Global Collaboratives, and an Annual Collaborative for all of our church planters and collaborators.
- MA provides ongoing coaching, training, & mentoring; together with a cadre of like-minded brothers.
- MA is anchored by a healthy, missions-minded church and Session; and (as of September 2018) presently holds as many as 5 additional Southern Connecticut church planting grants of $150,000 each.
THE BEAUTY AND RESOURCES OF CONNECTICUT
- With mountains, rivers, lakes, rolling hills, farmlands, and more than 1000 miles of coastal shoreline (look it up!); with world-class education, healthcare, art, and culture; Connecticut’s quality of life is a true delight.
- With easy access to both New York City and Boston, Connecticut’s strategic location is unparalleled.
- With 169 distinct towns and cities, nearly all built and centered on their classic colonial town green, our state motto (taken from Psalm 80), “Qui Transtulit Sustinet,” has been true for 400 years and counting!
THE CALL: CONNECTICUT NEEDS PASTORS!
- While Connecticut can boast of many things, what people in our state crave is a town-centric way of life. And yet, there are very few disciples of Christ here, and even fewer believing pastors. Church planters in Connecticut have the unique and disproportionally impactful opportunity to become a true “village pastor” and “parish priest” (as biblically understood) for the town to which the Ascended Christ calls them.
Please read the attached job description for more information. Contact us with any questions you may have! We would love to hear from you! To submit an application, please send a one page cover letter and a resume/CV to Annie McHugh, our Coordinator of Operations and Communications.