May 7-9 2019 | Cleveland, OH
As practicing missional ecclesiologists, we value learning from and with each other at Mission Anabaino. In addition to the papers being presented at our annual collaborative, we have built in discussions and free time so that we might be inspired and encouraged by sharing with one another. MA is committed to coaching and supporting church planters, assessing and developing interns, fostering a church planting culture, and cultivating and allocating resources toward church planting. MA also builds collegial relationships among church planters with outside entities, networks, and partners.
Our 2019 theme is focused on the missional ecclesiology of Union with Christ. Each session will be presented by an MA Church Planter in the context of missional ecclesiology and church planting, and will include facilitated large group collaboration, and the opportunity for smaller break out groups. Our MA host church this year is The Heights Presbyterian Church, with planting pastor Rev. Mark Robertson. We'll experience an evening of worship on-site in this local context on Wednesday evening, and enjoy a city excursion to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Thursday afternoon. All meals and scheduled activities are included during the collaborative.
- Session 1:
- Session 2:
- Session 3:
- Session 4:
The Annual Collaborative will be Located at the Thwing Center at Case Western Reserve University (11111 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH). It is a four minute walk from the hotel where our overnight attendees will be staying.
Our overnight attendees will stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Cleveland University Circle (2021 Cornell Rd, Cleveland, OH). Hotel reservations will be made for you and confirmations will be emailed. Parking is available on-site at the hotel by valet only for $20/day. For our collaborators arriving from out of town, we will provide transportation to and from the airport.
- Collaborative Start Time: 5:30pm on Tuesday May 7th at Trattoria on the Hill
- Collaborative End Time: Late Evening Thursday May 9th
Please take the collaborative start time and end time into consideration when making travel arrangements. If you are traveling from out of town, we suggest you arrive on Tuesday in time to check into the hotel and begin the collaborative on time, and depart on Friday morning.
- Download our group photo here.
- This is the article Jon Talley mentioned from ESPN.
- Download this file for a list of the MA mission site church plants that you can print and share with your congregations.
- Register online here for MA's Recruitment Breakfast at GA in Dallas, June 2019.
- Ephesians 4 is the Shared Sermon Text for your celebration of Ascension Day (June 2, 2019 is the Sunday of Ascension Day weekend).
- If you want to commit to participating as an anchor church in our MA 2020 Mission Trip (possibly to Haiti) you must let Annie know by June 10th.
- Dan Herron mentioned quarterly finance meetings, click here to download one of his presentations, and click here for another.
- "Theological Issues Related to Same-Sex Attraction" by Kevin Nelson