Mission Anabaino is mission “I am ascending” (Greek anabaino, cf. Jn. 20:17). We are a church planting network and theological collaborative anchored by Christ Presbyterian Church in New Haven, CT, existing to pursue the “greater things” of Christ’s ascended ministry today. Thanks to your partnership in the gospel, we are gathering, energizing, deploying, and focusing our resources into a collaborative effort to plant “Total Christ” churches in strategic, frontier regions where the fullness of Christ’s presence is not geographically or socio-culturally accessible.
By God’s grace, our foundational $3.5 million venture capital fund has accomplished its purpose! With it the Lord enabled us to plant nearly twenty churches in six years, while laying plans for at least five more here in Southern Connecticut alone. At the same time, more and more church planters from around the country, and even the world, are contacting us, seeking to become collaborators and future “Anchor Churches” for Mission Anabaino.
In light of these developments, we are looking to the Lord to raise up new member Anchor Churches in our Collaborative — presently existing Churches who are eager to help lead the way in the planting of even more churches (church plants that would themselves become Anchor Churches in the future)!
We Are a Collaborative of Anchor Churches for Church Planting:
MA is administratively hosted by Christ Presbyterian Church, New Haven, but we operate as a collaboration of like-minded anchor churches committed to a Total Christ, Five Mark Vision for church renewal and planting. Together, anchor churches help fund and govern MA's vision and execution. As a multi-congregational church planting network and theological collaborative, local-facing parish churches are empowered to be directly involved in the sorts of global-facing missional ventures that are too often reserved for much larger churches. Each member anchor church participates in the funding, theological collaboration, and development of a church planting and church renewal strategy; together with jointly approving projects and church planters. To put it simply, MA's opportunity is as big as our growing anchor church movement.
Sponsorship Partners are Anchor Churches who, in the spirit of 2 Corinthians 8:
- Contribute towards an MA Church Planting Grant (often with a particular church plant in mind) or Grants (if the support of multiple church planters and multiple sites is in view) at a level of their own choosing. (MA typically awards grants of $150,000 distributed over 3-4 years. MA also awards Collaboration Grants to approved church planters and associates.)
Collaborating Member Partners are Anchor Churches who, in addition to the above, also:
- Embrace the Total Christ, Five Mark Vision in missional ecclesiology (cf. anabaino.org).
- Share in the funding and governing of MA -- the theological collaboration, the development of a church planting and church renewal strategy, the approval of church planting projects and church planters.
- Participate in the MA Annual Collaborative (at a specific MA site) each year.
Local Collaborative Partner Churches are Anchor Churches who, in addition to the above, also:
- Establish and facilitate a Mission Anabaino Local Collaborative in their region (see Establishing a Mission Anabaino Local Collaborative).
We invite your partnership in the “greater things” of Christ’s ascended ministry in our day! Our Coordinator of Development, Rev. Jeff Hutchinson, would be honored to speak with you about how your church may become a strategic and participating partner with Mission Anbaino for the planting of new frontier churches.
CHRIST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, 135 Whitney Avenue, New Haven, CT 06510 / 203.777.6960 / cpcnewhaven.org / email@example.com
MISSION ANABAINO: A Church Planting Network and Theological Collaborative