Our 2019 Mission Trip to Haiti has been cancelled due to the Level 4 Travel Advisory.
- In cooperation with our second church plant in Mirebalais, Haiti, we will be partnering with ESMI (El Shaddai Ministries International) in the Divage region of Mirebalais, working with pastor Jean Claude Platemo (who is soon to be ordained after participating in pastoral training provided by Mission Anabaino) in several areas of service (see below for details). Click here to watch a short video about ESMI.
- ESMI’s mission is “To be a Christ centered ministry filling Haiti with passionate church leaders and to establish a network of Haitian churches that are spiritually healthy, evangelical and self sustaining”. Their philosophy is based around a holistic approach to ministering to the people of Haiti. It is based on the 4 “E’s”: Evangelism (Village Church Plants), Education (Village School Building, Sponsor a Student), Empathy (Disaster Relief, Build a Home in Port au Prince), and Economic Development (Small Business Development).
Areas of Service:
There are opportunities for both general assistance and specialized service during our trip. On the application you may identify your level of skill and area of service. In addition to general assistance, we are specifically seeking professionals in the medical field to help with the Medical Clinic such as doctors, nurses, physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, pharmacists, etc. For our children's outreach we are seeking teachers, Sunday School teachers, daycare professionals, etc. Here is a brief description of our areas of service:
- Medical Clinic: there is no readily available access to medical assistance, we expect about 100 people/day. Contact: Jim Kupiec
- Children's Outreach: teacher training, training resources, children’s VBS outreach. Contact us to help lead in this area.
- Pastor Training: lead by Rev. Graham from Christ Presbyterian Church in New Haven, CT. Contact: Rev. Graham
- A valid passport is needed for US citizens; non-US citizens may require a Haitian visa. Allow at least 3-weeks before travel to secure this visa. For more information, please go to www.travel.state.gov.
- Tetanus shot (within past five years), Malaria prescription from your doctor, Hepatitis A and B recommended, Typhoid recommended. Please go to www.cdc.gov for more information.
- Team Meetings prior to the trip, dates TBD (may be available via video call).
Come with Us:
- Dates: July 20th - July 26th 2019 (Saturday - Friday)
- Age: open to those age 15 and above (with exceptions made for those accompanied by a parent).
- Cost: $900 + airfare (approx. $700) per person. This cost includes room and board and ministry expenses. With the help of your home church, we ask that everyone be able to engage in personal support raising for this trip.
- Deadline: Applications are due Monday April 8th 2019.
- Application: Applications have been closed.
- Monday April 8th: Deadline for applications. If additional spots remain open after the deadline, it may be extended pending airline availability.
- Monday April 22nd: Applicants will be notified about their status of acceptance by this date.
- Monday April 29th: Accepted applicants must confirm participation by submitting the following by this date: $250 deposit, signed waivers, a copy of your passport.
For reference, here is our Trip Packet from the 2018 trip that was postponed to 2019. Dates, costs, flights, and other similar specific informaiton will need to be updated for the 2019 trip once our team is assembled.