Mission Anabaino is all about the "greater things" envisioned by Christ during his ascension ministry through an ambitious church planting and empowerment strategy. We believe that a strategy for church planting is nothing less than an investment in the very epicenter of Christ’s saving presence on earth “against which even the gates of hell will not prevail” (Mt. 16:18)!
Please consider partnering with us! There are a number of exciting ways that we would love for you to partner and collaborate with us in our church renewal and church planting adventure of "Christology applied":
1. Become a Mission Anabaino Anchor Church!
By God’s grace, our foundational $3.5 million venture capital fund has accomplished its purpose! With it the Lord enabled us to help plant nearly twenty churches in six years, while laying plans for at least five more here in Southern Connecticut alone. At the same time, more and more church planters from around the country, and even the world, are contacting us, seeking to become collaborators and future “Anchor Churches” for Mission Anabaino.
In light of these developments, we are looking to the Lord to raise up new Anchor Churches in our Collaborative — presently existing Churches who would be eager to help us plant even more churches (church plants that would themselves become Anchor Churches in the future)! Anchor Churches may choose to partner with us in a number of ways:
- Sponsorship Partners are Anchor Churches who, in the spirit of 2 Corinthians 8:
- Contribute towards an MA Church Planting Grant (often with a particular church plant in mind) or Grants (if the support of multiple church planters and multiple sites is in view) at a level of their own choosing. (MA typically awards grants of $150,000 distributed over 3-4 years. MA also awards Collaboration Grants to approved church planters and associates.)
- Collaborating Partners are Anchor Churches who, in addition to the above, also:
- Embrace the Total Christ, Five Mark Vision in missional ecclesiology.
- Participate in the MA Annual Collaborative each year.
- Local Collaborative Partner Churches are Anchor Churches who establish and facilitate a Mission Anabaino Local Collaborative in their region.
We invite your partnership in the “greater things” of Christ’s ascended ministry! We, would be honored to speak with you about helping your church come alongside Mission Anbaino for the planting of new churches.
2. Partner with Us in Prayer and Financial Support!
Prayer: In 1 John 5:14-15, we are reminded that when we ask anything that is according to God’s will, that God answers, using our prayers as one of the means to accomplish his will! We are assured in scripture that church planting is God’s will, even as the specifics are left to God’s continued wisdom. Please pray for Mission Anabaino – that it will be about Christ, his glory, his life giving presence and his harvest on earth as in heaven!
Support: We also know that Paul wrote perhaps his greatest treatise on the gospel, at least in part, as a support letter in his vision to plant churches in the unreached area of Spain “by way of you” (Rom. 1:8-15, 15:14-29). Ever since, church planting has been “by way of” (Rom 15:28) those who are willing to invest their time, talent, and treasure. For more information, please contact our Mission Anabaino Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org). If interested you may give online or by check mailed to and made out to Christ Presbyterian Church New Haven with “Mission Anabaino” in the memo line, at 135 Whitney Ave, New Haven, CT 06510. For more information, please contact Annie McHugh.
3. Help Gather a Church Planting Launch Team, or Join One of Our Existing Church Planting Launch Teams!
Would you like to get in on the ground level of planting a local presence of Christ? An essential ingredient is the presence and persistence of a dedicated core group committed to the long term future of the church. Contact Annie McHugh.
4. Help Establish or Join One of Our Local Collaboratives
Each month, local collaborators get together for worship and a "four movement" Prayer Service (Praise, Confession, Renewal, Benediction); followed by a time of theological collaboration reflecting on a shared reading around the broad topic of "missional ecclesiology"/"Christology applied"; which is then followed by a time of practical ministry collaboration; all while enjoying coffee and a catered lunch together. Collaborators consist of lead anchor church pastor(s), all lead mission church planters, their respective associate/assistant pastors, and invited like-minded pastors from local area churches/church plants.
Presently the New Haven Local Collaborative meets monthly, and a number of regions are in the process of potentially beginning their own Local Collaborative.
5. Recommend a Site for Church Planting!
You can help us by recommending a site either locally in the greater New Haven area or in other states or areas around the world that are in need of a Total Christ church planting movement. Do you yourself not -- or do you know of individuals who do not -- have easy access to a healthy Christ-centered congregation? Please let us know!
6. Receive Our Quarterly "MA Update"
Throughout the year the Executive Director of MA gives a brief report, together with one of our Global or Local (Southern Connecticut) church planters. If you would like to review previous MA updates, you may see them here. If you would like to start receiving them directly, please click here and select the "Mission Anabaino" option.
7. Become a Mission Anabaino Mission Church Planter, or Church Plant Ministry Staff Member, Yourself!
MA Mission Churches embrace the Total Christ, Five Mark Vision in missional ecclesiology; participate fully in the MA Collaborations; and are funded by MA, receiving one of three types of MA grants:
- Potential Anchor Church Planting Grant: This grant is given to a church plant that is located in a strategic location and with a view toward leading a local movement of daughter churches/multi-congregational church, and forming a local collaborative. Typically, a portion of the total amount is allocated to the first daughter church and is dispersed in a 3-4 year timetable.
- Local Church Planting Grant: This grant is given to a church plant that is located in a strategic location of an existing anchor church and is dispersed in a 3-4 year timetable.
- Collaboration Grant: This grant is given to all MA mission churches, approved recruits and/or valued MA associates to cover expenses associated with participating in the MA annual collaborative.
For more information about church planting, please visit our Church Planting, Why Church Plant?, and Potential Church Planters pages and explore the many resources available on this site. A great way to assess your interest in joining Mission Anabaino is to come to our Annual Collaborative, or make plans to attend one of our monthly Local Collaboratives in New Haven; you’ll have a chance to meet us and hear first hand what this is all about. Contact Annie McHugh.