THE QUALITIES WE LOOK FOR IN CHURCH PLANTING PASTORS
Church Planter Qualifications and Competencies:
- An infectious and authentic experience of the gospel of Jesus Christ in full agreement with a “Total Christ” theological vision for ministry.
- An ordained (or imminently qualified for ordination) minister of the Presbyterian Church of America denomination (PCA) or an approved alternative denomination.
- Qualified either by previous successful church planting experience, or by approval from the PCA's Church Planting Assessment Center.
- Demonstrates discernable experience and aptitudes in entrepreneurial leadership such as to include:
- A strong passion and conviction for the gospel;
- A principled or “core values” approach to problem solving;
- A compelling style of communication;
- Giftedness in leading from the front;
- Resiliency to persevere; and
- A general faith-based sense of optimism about life and ministry.
- An ability to function independently and at a high level of performance, resourceful, highly motivated.
Church Planting with Mission Anabaino
- What Kind of Churches?
- Why Church Plant?
- Mission Anabaino Church Planting
- Local Church Planting Prospectus
- Readings in Missional Ecclesiology
- Why Plant Churches? by Tim Keller
- Southern CT Church Planter Job Description
- Global Church Planter Job Description
For Church Planters’ Spouses and Families
- Beyond Duct Tape: Holding the Heart Together In A Life of Ministry, by Shari Thomas, Tami Resch
- A Thousand Resurrections, by Maria Garriott