There are many ways you may participate in church planting with MA:
Recommend a Site for Church Planting!
You can help us by recommending a site either locally in the greater New Haven area or in other states or areas around the world that are in need of a Total Christ church planting movement. Do you yourself not -- or do you know of individuals who do not -- have easy access to a healthy Christ-centered congregation? Please let us know!
Help Gather a Church Planting Launch Team, or Join One of Our Existing Church Planting Launch Teams!
Would you like to get in on the ground level of planting a local presence of Christ? An essential ingredient is the presence and persistence of a dedicated core group committed to the long term future of the church. Contact Annie McHugh.
Help Establish or Join One of Our Local Collaboratives
Each month, local collaborators get together for worship and a "four movement" Prayer Service (Praise, Confession, Renewal, Benediction); followed by a time of theological collaboration reflecting on a shared reading around the broad topic of "missional ecclesiology"/"Christology applied"; which is then followed by a time of practical ministry collaboration; all while enjoying coffee and a catered lunch together. Collaborators consist of lead anchor church pastor(s), all lead mission church planters, their respective associate/assistant pastors, and invited like-minded pastors from local area churches/church plants.
Presently the New Haven Local Collaborative meets monthly, and a number of regions are in the process of potentially beginning their own Local Collaborative.
Become a Mission Anabaino Mission Church Planter, or Church Plant Ministry Staff Member, Yourself!
MA Mission Churches embrace the Total Christ, Five Mark Vision in missional ecclesiology; participate fully in the MA Collaborations; and are funded by MA, receiving one of three types of MA grants:
- Potential Anchor Church Planting Grant: This grant is given to a church plant that is located in a strategic location and with a view toward leading a local movement of daughter churches/multi-congregational church, and forming a local collaborative. Typically, a portion of the total amount is allocated to the first daughter church and is dispersed in a 3-4 year timetable.
- Local Church Planting Grant: This grant is given to a church plant that is located in a strategic location of an existing anchor church and is dispersed in a 3-4 year timetable.
- Collaboration Grant: This grant is given to all MA mission churches, approved recruits and/or valued MA associates to cover expenses associated with participating in the MA annual collaborative.
For more information about church planting, please visit our "Potential Church Planters" page and explore the many resources available on this site. A great way to assess your interest in joining Mission Anabaino is to come to our annual collaborative; you’ll have a chance to meet us and hear first hand what this is all about.Contact Annie McHugh..
Become a Mission Anabaino Member or Anchor Church!
Member and Anchor Churches partner with MA to help fund and support our vision for church planting in a number of ways. (contact Annie McHugh):
- Anchor Church sponsor a particular MA church plant (or plants), in the spirit of 2 Corinthians 8, using their abundance in the Lord to help provide for the needs of new frontier church plants.
- Member Churches are Anchor Churches who, in addition to the above, embrace the Total Christ, Five Mark Vision in missional ecclesiology, and participate fully in the MA Collaborations, whether Local or Global and are a member church of the Board of Directors as represented by their Sr./Lead Pastor.
- Local Collaborative Partner Churches are Churches who participate in a local MA collaborative in Missional Ecclesiology together with mutual support and prayer.
Receive Our Quarterly "MA Update"
Throughout the year the Executive Director of MA gives a brief report, together with one of our Global or Local (Southern Connecticut) church planters. If you would like to review previous MA update, you may see them here. If you would like to start receiving them directly, please click here and select the "Mission Anabaino" option.
Partner with Us in Prayer and Financial Support!
Prayer: In 1 John 5:14-15, we are reminded that when we ask anything that is according to God’s will, that God answers, using our prayers as one of the means to accomplish his will! We are assured in scripture that church planting is God’s will, even as the specifics are left to God’s continued wisdom. Please pray for Mission Anabaino – that it will be about Christ, his glory, his life giving presence and his harvest on earth as in heaven!
Support: We also know that Paul wrote perhaps his greatest treatise on the gospel, at least in part, as a support letter in his vision to plant churches in the unreached area of Spain “by way of you” (Rom. 1:8-15, 15:14-29). Ever since, church planting has been “by way of” (Rom 15:28) those who are willing to invest their time, talent, and treasure. For mor information, please contact our Mission Anabaino Administrator (email@example.com). If interested you may give online or by check mailed to and made out to Christ Presbyterian Church New Haven with “Mission Anabaino” in the memo, at 135 Whitney Ave, New Haven, CT 06510. For more information, please contact Annie McHugh.